Voting & Elections
Information on Voting and Elections in the State of New Mexico.
Candidates & Campaigns
Information on how to become a candidate and about complying with campaign finance disclosure and reporting requirements.
Legislation, Lobbying & Legal Resources
Learn about Lobbying in our state. Find Legislative information to include Signed & Chaptered Bills and Legal Resources.
Start a business, maintain a business or get general information on registered businesses in New Mexico.
Notary & Apostille
Become a notary, renew your notary commission, or obtain information about apostilles or certification of official documents.
File UCC's, AG Liens, register a trademark or other commercial filings.
Safe at Home
New Mexico’s statewide address confidentiality program administered by the Secretary of State to assist victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking or similar types of crimes to receive mail using the Secretary of State’s address as a substitute for their own.
Learn about how we protect your voter and business information. You might also find a tip or two that will help you secure your information as well.
About New Mexico
Learn about New Mexico Government, History, State Symbols, State Songs and other important information about our state.
Voting and Elections
Voter Information Portal
Your Voter Information Portal
Welcome to the New Mexico Voter Information Portal – your one-stop shop for voting information! You can use this site to register to vote or update your current voter registration, request an absentee ballot online, find a voting location, view important election dates, request a military or overseas ballot, or look up third-party voter registration agents. I’ll keep looking for ways to improve the voting process in New Mexico so please feel free to contact my office if you have any ideas or suggestions.
If you have any election-related questions or concerns, please feel free to contact my office at 505-827-3600 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Thank you, NM Secretary of State Maggie Toulouse Oliver
Click here to find options for returning your absentee ballot including information on absentee ballot drop box locations.
Use this link to view:
- Your voter registration information
- Your voting location
- Your sample ballot
- Your absentee application and ballot status
- Your county clerk contact information
- Find out where there are Same-Day Registration polling locations
Use this link to:
- Online registration is now closed for the 2020 General Election. Any registrations submitted via this portal after October 7, 2020 will not be processed until November 9, 2020.
- This link may not work if you are overseas. Click here to find out about more about overseas voting and consider using the Federal Post Card Application.
Request an Absentee Ballot Online
- Absentee applications can no longer be submitted for the 2020 General Election. To find a polling location near you, go here.
- October 6: Voter registration closes. Same-Day Registration begins only at county clerk’s offices
- October 6: First day that absentee ballots can be mailed to voters and first day that voters can cast their vote in person at their local county clerk’s office
- October 17: Early voting at alternate early voting locations begins
- October 20: Last day to request an absentee ballot
- October 27: Recommended last day to return an absentee ballot by mail
- October 31: Early voting ends and Same-Day Registration ends
- November 3: Election Day
Regular Local Elections: November 2, 2021