Voting & Elections
Information on Voting and Elections in the State of New Mexico.
Candidates & Campaigns
Information on how to become a candidate and about complying with campaign finance disclosure and reporting requirements.
Legislation, Lobbying & Legal Resources
Learn about Lobbying in our state. Find Legislative information to include Signed & Chaptered Bills and Legal Resources.
Start a business, maintain a business or get general information on registered businesses in New Mexico.
Notary & Apostille
Become a notary, renew your notary commission, or obtain information about apostilles or certification of official documents.
File UCC's, AG Liens, register a trademark or other commercial filings.
Safe at Home
New Mexico’s statewide address confidentiality program administered by the Secretary of State to assist victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking or similar types of crimes to receive mail using the Secretary of State’s address as a substitute for their own.
Learn about how we protect your voter and business information. You might also find a tip or two that will help you secure your information as well.
About New Mexico
Learn about New Mexico Government, History, State Symbols, State Songs and other important information about our state.
Unofficial Election Results
Results will become available after 7 PM on Election Day, November 2, 2021 and will be posted as they are received from the county offices.
Election Day Voter Hotline
Toll Free: 1-800-477-3632
Santa Fe: 505-827-3600 Option 2
The Election Day Voter Hotline is available on Election Day, November 2, from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM to assist voters with questions or concerns.
Voting and Elections
Voter Information Portal
Welcome to the New Mexico Voter Information Portal – your one-stop shop for voting information! You can use this site to register to vote or update your current voter registration, request an absentee ballot online, find a voting location, view important election dates, request a military or overseas ballot, or look up third-party voter registration agents. I’ll keep looking for ways to improve the voting process in New Mexico so please feel free to contact my office if you have any ideas or suggestions.
If you have any election-related questions or concerns, please feel free to contact my office at 505-827-3600 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Thank you, NM Secretary of State Maggie Toulouse Oliver
Important Deadlines for the 2022 Primary Election:
Please Note: The online absentee portal for the 2022 Primary Election will be made available after April 12, 2022, when the Runoff Elections for the 2022 Municipal Officer Election are complete. Requests for absentee ballots for the primary election can currently be made using the paper application.
- May 10: Voter registration (by mail or online) closes.
- May 10: First day that absentee ballots can be mailed to voters (who have submitted an absentee application), and first day of Early Voting (at the county clerk’s office).
- May 21: Expanded Early Voting begins at alternate voting locations.
- June 2: Last day to request an absentee ballot.
- June 4: Last day of early voting.
- June 7: Primary Election Day.
Use this link to:
- Register to vote online. Voters may submit registrations online, by mail or at the county clerk’s office for the 2022 Primary Election until May 10. After this date registrations submitted by mail or online will not be processed until voter registration reopens after the Primary Election (books reopen on July 12).
- Voters can use same-day registration (SDR) at voting locations throughout the Early Voting period and on Election Day for the 2022 Primary Election. (Please contact your county for hours of operation and locations).
- These links may not work if you are overseas. Click here to find out more about overseas voting and consider using the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA).
Use this link to view:
- Your voter registration information
- Your voting location
- Your sample ballot
- Your absentee application and ballot status
- Your county clerk contact information
- Find out where there are Same-Day Registration polling locations
Primary Election: June 7, 2022
General Election: November 8, 2022