Voting & Elections
Information on Voting and Elections in the State of New Mexico.
Candidates & Campaigns
Information on how to become a candidate and about complying with campaign finance disclosure and reporting requirements.
Legislation, Lobbying & Legal Resources
Learn about Lobbying in our state. Find Legislative information to include Signed & Chaptered Bills and Legal Resources.
Start a business, maintain a business or get general information on registered businesses in New Mexico.
Notary & Apostille
Become a notary, renew your notary commission, or obtain information about apostilles or certification of official documents.
File UCC's, AG Liens, register a trademark or other commercial filings.
Safe at Home
New Mexico’s statewide address confidentiality program administered by the Secretary of State to assist victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking or similar types of crimes to receive mail using the Secretary of State’s address as a substitute for their own.
Learn about how we protect your voter and business information. You might also find a tip or two that will help you secure your information as well.
About New Mexico
Learn about New Mexico Government, History, State Symbols, State Songs and other important information about our state.
Voting and Elections
Voting and Elections
- Certifies the official lists of candidates running for state offices
- Advises candidates and local elections officials on the qualifications and requirements for running for office.
- Determines the order in which candidates are placed on the ballot
- Coordinates the tabulation of the votes from each county on election night. After each election, you can view the unofficial results of each election.
- Produces Election related Rules
- Provides Election Data
- Produces voter registration forms (English, Español) and the ability for voters to update or register to vote online or cancel an existing voter registration.
- Investigates complaints related to elections and ethics under New Mexico law. If you believe your complaint falls under the authority of our office, please submit your complaint, in writing, to our office, on the Complaint Form.
The materials on this site changes often, especially during election season. Please contact the Bureau of Elections for specific questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becoming a New Mexico Voter Registration Agent
2020 General Election - November 3, 2020