Voting & Elections
Information on Voting and Elections in the State of New Mexico.
Candidates & Campaigns
Information on how to become a candidate and about complying with campaign finance disclosure and reporting requirements.
Legislation, Lobbying & Legal Resources
Learn about Lobbying in our state. Find Legislative information to include Signed & Chaptered Bills and Legal Resources.
Start a business, maintain a business or get general information on registered businesses in New Mexico.
Notary & Apostille
Become a notary, renew your notary commission, or obtain information about apostilles or certification of official documents.
File UCC's, AG Liens, register a trademark or other commercial filings.
Safe at Home
New Mexico’s statewide address confidentiality program administered by the Secretary of State to assist victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking or similar types of crimes to receive mail using the Secretary of State’s address as a substitute for their own.
Learn about how we protect your voter and business information. You might also find a tip or two that will help you secure your information as well.
About New Mexico
Learn about New Mexico Government, History, State Symbols, State Songs and other important information about our state.
Service Of Process
Notice Regarding Checks Provided for Payment
”When you provide a check as payment to the Secretary of State, you authorize the State of New Mexico to either use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction.”
Requirements for Service of Process
1. Two copies of the process (summons and complaint)
2. Affidavit citing the statute under which the service is to be served and fulfilling the mandated elements listed within the statute
3. $25.00 processing fee in check or money order
4. Last known address of the defendant being served
*****No process will be forwarded until all of the above requirements are met.*****
Reasons for Refusal
1. Insufficient number of copies of the summons and complaint
2. No address listed for the defendant
3. $25.00 processing fee not included
4. No affidavit
5. Attempting to use the office instead of following another state’s subpoena rules