Voting & Elections
Information on Voting and Elections in the State of New Mexico.
Candidates & Campaigns
Information on how to become a candidate and about complying with campaign finance disclosure and reporting requirements.
Legislation, Lobbying & Legal Resources
Learn about Lobbying in our state. Find Legislative information to include Signed & Chaptered Bills and Legal Resources.
Start a business, maintain a business or get general information on registered businesses in New Mexico.
Notary & Apostille
Become a notary, renew your notary commission, or obtain information about apostilles or certification of official documents.
File UCC's, AG Liens, register a trademark or other commercial filings.
Safe at Home
New Mexico’s statewide address confidentiality program administered by the Secretary of State to assist victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking or similar types of crimes to receive mail using the Secretary of State’s address as a substitute for their own.
Learn about how we protect your voter and business information. You might also find a tip or two that will help you secure your information as well.
About New Mexico
Learn about New Mexico Government, History, State Symbols, State Songs and other important information about our state.
Candidates & Campaigns
2022 New Mexico Public Financing Information
Upon receipt of a final submittal of qualifying contributions by an applicant candidate, the SOS shall determine from the applicant candidate’s statement whether the applicant candidate has:
- Signed and filed a declaration of intent to obtain financing pursuant to the Voter Action Act in accordance with the requirements of that act;
- Collected and submitted the appropriate number of qualifying contributions after filing a declaration of intent;
- Met the qualifications to be a candidate pursuant to other applicable state election law;
- Complied with contribution and expenditure restrictions; and
- Otherwise met the requirements for obtaining financing pursuant to the Voter Action Act.
If you are an interested candidate you must begin by submitting the 2022 Applicant Candidate Declaration of Intent to the SOS and register on the Campaign Finance Information System (CFIS). Prior to accepting contributions of more than $100 from any one contributor, please reference NMSA 1978, Section 1-19A-3(D).
- 2022 Public Financing Guide
- 2022 Applicant Candidate Declaration of Intent
- 2022 Candidate Acknowledgement
- 2022 Qualifying Contributor List
Our office will happily assist applicant candidates and their campaign committees with the certification process for public financing. If you are pursuing public financing, we strongly suggest you review both the VAA and the New Mexico Public Financing Guide for the 2022 Election Cycle before beginning the process.
For further information, please contact the ethics staff of the Bureau of Elections:
Regular Local Election: November 2, 2021