Voting & Elections
Information on Voting and Elections in the State of New Mexico.
Candidates & Campaigns
Information on how to become a candidate and about complying with campaign finance disclosure and reporting requirements.
Legislation, Lobbying & Legal Resources
Learn about Lobbying in our state. Find Legislative information to include Signed & Chaptered Bills and Legal Resources.
Start a business, maintain a business or get general information on registered businesses in New Mexico.
Notary & Apostille
Become a notary, renew your notary commission, or obtain information about apostilles or certification of official documents.
File UCC's, AG Liens, register a trademark or other commercial filings.
Safe at Home
New Mexico’s statewide address confidentiality program administered by the Secretary of State to assist victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking or similar types of crimes to receive mail using the Secretary of State’s address as a substitute for their own.
Learn about how we protect your voter and business information. You might also find a tip or two that will help you secure your information as well.
About New Mexico
Learn about New Mexico Government, History, State Symbols, State Songs and other important information about our state.
How We Protect NM Businesses
The Office of the Secretary of State is pleased to report that we have taken precautions to help maintain the integrity of our business registration information while also meeting our obligation to make much of it publically available. All public disclosure is within the boundaries defined by New Mexico law.
Here are some of the steps we have taken to protect the accuracy of your business’s data:
- When registering your business or updating your existing business’s information, your information is encrypted using industry standard protocols while in transit across the Internet
- In New Mexico, our Business information is public information and is available to anyone within the United States who would like to access it. However, we generally protect this information from foreign countries.
- If you are in a foreign county and need access to your company’s information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you
- Be aware that there are rare, but unfortunate instances where we may not be able to provide direct access while in a foreign county
Payment Card Industry Standards
- Whenever you use a credit card to add funds to your business account with us, you can rest assured that our office is compliant the current Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards
- We undergo regular reviews with outside auditors to confirm that we are meeting the required regulations
- The Office of the New Mexico Secretary of State tests our information security defenses on a regular basis
- We also work with government and private partners who validate and test our information security defenses
- Such assessments may include reviews of documentation and process as well as varying degrees of computer and network hacking
- Any identified issues are rapidly mitigated and corrected
If you have additional questions or comments regarding the security of your business data, feel free to contact us using the form available on the Cybersecurity Contact Page.
Regular Local Election: November 2, 2021