Office of the Secretary of State, Operations Division
(July 1, 2014)
The New Mexico Secretary of State is excited to announce upcoming changes the Business Services web page. These changes will make business registrations and business filings effortless for anyone conducting business with this office while promoting an electronic and more efficient filing environment.
Presently, you are able to file and search a Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) financing statement on-line; research the name of any registered domestic and foreign partnership, corporation, limited liability company; and file on-line corporate annual reports. With the anticipated changes you will now have the ability to:
- search a registered New Mexico trademark/service mark online, view and download images of the actual registration;
- verify and search for a New Mexico notary public and their expiration date;
- research the date your Service of Process was delivered to a defendant;
- perform a facsimile search for an authorized officer;
- request a search of an agricultural filing;
- download an agricultural quarterly report for registered Buyer Registrants; and
- search and verify that an Apostille has been issued by this office
In addition to the search functionality you will have the ability to:
- complete an online notary public application submission form wherein information will be electronically stored until application is printed and mailed to our office once notarizations and signatures have been secured.
UCC on-line filers will have the ability to:
- view images of UCC filings;
- receive e-mail confirmation of their UCC on-line transaction; and
- select various payment methods which include a credit card (Visa, MasterCard and Discover) electronic check, ACH and pre-paid accounts.
These various public records are used in commerce and as such, our goal is to continue to make them available online.
This web site will continually be updated to reflect changes as they are implemented. For questions regarding these changes kindly contact Business Services Division with the Office of the New Mexico Secretary of State at 800.477.3632.
The operations division records, files, or registers different types of records used in commerce, such as partnership registrations, trademark/service mark registrations, Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings, service of process on corporations, and agricultural liens. The Inspection of Public Records Act requires that records such as these be treated as public records and made available to the public. This office does not withhold these records from anyone who requests them, nor does this office require that you hire someone to retrieve these records for you.
To better meet the requirements of the Inspection of Public Records Act, the operations division is continuously seeking methods to facilitate the dissemination of our records in a quicker and more efficient manner. Presently, the operations division offers access to UCC filings on our web site. In the future, this office will provide access to trademark/service mark registrations. In addition, TIF images of the actual filings will also be provided. In short, we want you to have immediate access to these records by merely visiting our web site. You may write or telephone our office and, for a small fee, copies of these public records will be sent to you.
Our goal is to provide better service to you. Please contact us with any suggestions or recommendations you have in this regard.